For whom is this just the right opportunity?
As a guest auditor, you can participate in individual curricular courses without having to take up a regular course of study with a final goal, provided that sufficient capacity is available. You are welcome to take part if...
- § 64 para. 1 Landeshochschulgesetz (state law on higher education) in connection with § 19 Zulassungs- und Immatrikulationsordnung der Universit?t Konstanz (admission and enrolment regulations of the University of Konstanz) as well as § 1 Verwaltungsgebührensatzung der Universit?t Konstanz (admission and enrolment regulations of the University of Konstanz) in their most current editions. Information on the statutory accident insurance for guest auditors can be found under "Links and Downloads".
- You must apply for permission to audit courses. Please submit the application before the start of the lecture period of the respective semester.
- For study programmes with admission restrictions and for language courses, please obtain authorisation from the responsible person [pdf] in the respective department or the Language Institute (SLI) by having them sign your application.
- Please also make sure to transfer the guest auditor registration fee of 50 euros per semester per person by using the reference of payment "230100000443 Gasthoerergebuehr" to the Universitaetskasse (university cashier's office). You will need to pay your guest auditor registration fee as soon as the university receives your application.
Important: As a guest auditor, please always carry your guest student permit with you when you enter the campus so that you can identify yourself at any time.
Further advantages and services
As a guest auditor, you will also receive your own university mail account, which you can use to access the ILIAS learning platform and the WiFi on campus. In addition, upon presentation of your current guest auditor permit, you have the opportunity to receive a free library card and thus access all media available there. There are no other fees apart from the guest auditor fee.
How do I become a guest auditor?
By when should you have submitted the application?
Please consider the following prerequisites:
|Authorisation required||Authorisation is not required|
|Politics and public administration||Mathematics|
|Language Institute (SLI) courses (without German)|
* You will only need to obtain permission from the respective lecturer to attend the lectures (e.g. via email).
Who processes your application?
Your application will be processed and prerequisites checked by the Student Service Centre (SSZ) on level B4. The SSZ will issue your guest auditor authorisation either in person or by (postal) mail. If you are interested in continuing to audit classes in the next semester, you must submit a follow-up application.